Thursday, January 2, 2014

BizTalk 2010 and integrating with the Java Messaging Service (JMS) SonicMQ Part 1 Installation

I recently worked on a Proof of Concept (POC) with BizTalk 2010 and integrating with a Java Messaging Service (JMS) queue called SonicMQ.  Having never done this, I did a quick Google search to see if I could leverage any existing adapters.  Luckily, there is already a a third-party JMS adapter created by JNBridge.   They offer a 30 day trial version of the software, so I downloaded the install bits and went through the installation and configuration.  I want to use this post to go through the installation of the adapter.  I'll follow up with a second post on the configuration of the adapter.

Installing the JMS Adapter from JNBridge


The installation of the JMS adapter by JNBridge is fairly straight forward.  Since my environment is 64 bit, I downloaded the msi file for the 64 bit environment (latest version is JMS Adapter for BizTalk Server v3.0.1 x64).  Double clicking the msi file brings up the installation wizard:


I accepted the License agreement terms:


I kept the default install directory and installed the software:


After the installation completes, I went ahead and added the adapter in BizTalk Administrator.  To do this, I opened BizTalk Administrator, navigated to "Platform Settings" and expanded the group, then right clicked the "Adapters" option and selected "New" and "Adapter...":


Under the Adapter properties, from the Adapter pull down list, I selected "JNBridge JMS":


After giving the adapter a name and clicking the "OK" button, the installation of the JNBridge JMS adapter is complete.  Don't forget to update the adapter to use specific hosts.  If your like me, I have a different host for sending and receiving.  Lastly, the JMS Adapter requires an install of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE), which you can download from Oracle.

Up next, the steps needed to configure the JNBridge adapter.  In my particular instance, I am connecting to SonicMQ, but the JNBridge JMS Adapter can work with multiple vendors.  The JNBridge website has a list of those vendors and the supported JMS versions.  It's important to check that list to ensure the adapter will work with your particular implementation.

No comments: